Monday, February 2, 2015

Margot Robbie's pickpocket predicament



Margot Robbie accidentally felt up her assistant director while filming Focus.

The actress plays a pickpocket in the Will Smith crime-comedy, which meant she had to perfect the art of stealing.

She had training from the best, but still couldn't avoid an embarrassing moment while on set.

"I trained with Apollo Robbins, who is a pickpocket extraordinaire, and on day one, one of the ADs came into the room and Apollo was like, 'Steal his phone!'" she recalled to Empire magazine.

"I tried and suddenly the AD finds me with my hand in his back pocket; it was like I was grabbing his a**e! He avoided me like the plague after that, even after I'd explained. When he walked past me in the hallways he would put his back to the wall, worried that I was going to grab his a**e again. It was awful!"

The 24-year-old actress learned that pickpockets are "fearless" and asserts her character in the film is a very "ballsy" girl.

In her career, the blonde star hopes she shows some of that backbone. She certainly appeared bold in The Wolf of Wall Street, where she went fully nude in front of Leonardo DiCaprio.

"I was thinking, 'Oh no! My Italian teacher from school is going to see me naked. And my dentist, who I've known since I was a kid!'" she laughed.

It seems her bravery has paid off; Margot is nominated for the EE Rising Star BAFTA this year, alongside Jack O'Connell, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley



No comments:

Post a Comment