Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cristiano Ronaldo: My challenge is always to be best



The Real Madrid star opened up about what inspires him, his a life away from football and his biggest fear.
Real Madrid and Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is always clear about his goal at all times. It’s one that’s simple and uncomplicated – be the best.
“My challenge is always, year-to-year, trying to be the best—training hard to get myself 100% all the time,” Ronaldo said following the 2015 Nike Tech Fleece Jacket launch on Thursday.
“My main goal is to always achieve this kind of success. This is what I am trying to do all of the time, and the last eight, nine, ten years I think have gone pretty well. So I try to keep going like that,” he added.
The 30-year-old has won the Ballon d’Or thrice and has achieved the highest honours in club football but his life away from the game is far less extravagant than one might expect.
“(I’m) a normal person. I try to do normal stuff, surrounded by my family, my friends, my son. Just trying to be as normal as possible. I'm just training in the morning, so when I arrive home I get to do other things that make me feel comfortable,” the Champions League winner revealed.
It comes as no surprise then that Ronaldo picked spending time with his son when asked about his passions away from the pitch.
“I have many, but I will just mention one, which is playing with my kid,” he beamed.
Waking up every day and pushing yourself to the limits in order to be the best in the world is no mean feat but Ronaldo is fueled by the people around him.
“The people who I work with, the people around me—they are always giving me motivation and the opportunity to work hard and be good. They give me good vibes, good energy, and I think that that is the most important thing for me,” he enthused.

The Portuguese skipper also opened up about his deepest fear, revealing that he wants to live a long and healthy life.
“Dying young (is my greatest fear). I don't want to die young. I want to be old and die when I’m 80 or 90,” the former Manchester United winger said.
As for what goes through his mind when he’s standing in the tunnel before a game, Ronaldo says his mindset is one that’s pretty composed and simple.
“Nothing special (that I think about). I try to enjoy it. Playing football is what I like to do. So I just enjoy it, the sport, and I want to allow the fans and the public to enjoy it, too,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment